Freshwater angelfishes are a very popular tropical fish, being both attractive and graceful to observe, generally peaceful and non-destructive. Keeping a group of angelfishes in an aquarium just for them is highly recommended. This gives them the opportunity to exhibit their behavior without them either being hassled by tiger barbs nipping their fins, or adult angelfish bullying other species.
A few points about keeping freshwater angelfishes:
- Plants with long trailing leaves are eminently suitable for angelfish to rest in and weave gracefully through.
- Angelfish will actually eat food directly from human fingers; they can be fed commercial foods or small live foods.
- Avoid bright light in the angelfish aquarium. Some types of angelfish can lose their color in prolonged light and they are at their best when the contrasting dark bands and lighter colorations can be seen clearly.
- Angelfish sometimes eat their eggs and the young fry. This often happens the first time around with young adult angelfish. They will usually spawn again quickly and more successfully, but you may choose to remove the fry or separate them as soon as they look strong enough. It is a natural behavior and will usually right itself as the new parents mature.
- Keep any surface that might be chosen as an egg-laying spot away from heat sources as angelfish eggs will not hatch if exposed directly to heat.
- Angelfish can be observed in mouth fighting as part of their mating rituals.
- Partial water changes are best when cleaning the water for angelfish. The water should normally be slightly acidic and heated to around 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
People Are Also Reading About.....
👀 What's Trending Now?
- Want To See Your Pet Even When You Are Outside? ‘Dropcam Pro’ Unboxing And Review 2021
- Is Your Cat With Worms? Here Are Products You Can Use To Treat By Home Remedies 2021
- Keeping An Eye On Your Pet 24/7? Arlo Smart Home Security Camera Review 2021
👀 Having A Lovely Cat At Home
- If You Are Planning To Bring A Cat: Where & How To Get A Kitten? (2021)
- 22 Funny Cat FAQs You Might Be Curious About (Part 2) 2021
- Facts You Might Be Curious About Wild Cats 2021: All About Snow Leopard
👀 Learn More About Your Dogs
- 3 Similarities You Can Find By Comparing Dog Training And Child Parenting 2021
- Total Home And Pet Solution: Piper NV Camera Unboxing And Review 2021
- Are You Looking For An Automatic Pet Feeder? ‘Feed and Go Smart Feeder’ Unboxing And Review 2021
👀 Keeping Fishes At Home
- First Time Aquarium Owners Must-learn 2021: How To Keep Fishes And Dogs In The Same House
- Studying How To Keep Pet Fishes Well At Home 2021: Procedures Of Aquarium Cleaning
- Feeding Turtles At Home 2021: What Accessories Are Needed For Aquatic Turtles?
👀 Facts About Having Special Pets